Thursday, June 4, 2009

Exhausted!

Today I am 24 weeks & 1 day! Hooray!! Although things are going remarkable well for my body (which is a HUGE plus), I am exhausted! I've been "dragging" everyday and every afternoon about 1:45 I have to lay down and take a nap - poor Nick comes home to a sleeping wife and dog EVERY DAY! Hopefully it's just the baby's growth and I'll be back to normal soon. Ever since our church picnic on Sunday - which went GREAT! - my body is just more easily worn out.

Nick's work has picked up a few more jobs which is great security for us! No more worrying about not having insurance when baby T gets here - which is a huge Praise! He's still enjoying himself with a smile on his face! He's not only working hard at work but also at home. We're trying to finish up our little boy's room.

The room is coming along great. We just started hanging the shelf with memorabilia on it and some pictures on Tuesday night and Nick brought home the ladder from work so I could start painting the verse along the top of the wall, kind of like a border. It quotes 1 Samuel 1:27, "I prayed for this boy, and since the Lord gave me what I asked Him for, I give this boy to the Lord." We thought it was perfect! Yesterday, Wednesday, we taped out where some lines were going to be painted and I put some primer up in the shapes I wanted to use so the paint would show up darker. Woke up this morning, Thursday, and painted everything! It really has come together well.

We're trying to get it all done so while I'm at the wedding, Nick can finish painting the dresser that's going in the room. After that, I'll look forward to sewing the bedding and some other fun things with my friend, Kristina!

Baby Hendrickson's movements are more definite and he doesn't stay "down" for long. Little tootsie is ALWAYS moving! It's become a joy to see the routine he's already made for himself. Still loving BBQ and Subway sandwhiches!

The in-home nurse came by yesterday to release me from their services. They let me keep the needle box so I can still take my shots and depose of them properly, which is a blessing! She commented on how great I look, which of course made my day! Who knew the no make-up look could go over so well?! She said it doesn't look like I've gained any weight, I informed her I've only gained 3.5 pounds - which is wonderful! Still carrying high and fitting into my regular clothes and for 6 months, I'd say that's a great thing!

Please continue to pray for a safe rest of the pregnancy and for strength for my incredible husband!

The Hendricksons!

No comments:

Post a Comment