Thursday, May 13, 2010

More teeth?!

Well, Daddy's home! Hopefully he will be for a while now, at least that's our prayer! PK just came to visit us over the weekend for fear I woul be alone on Mother's day, which I was until about 11 at night when Nicholas pulled in the driveway! My dad, husband, dog, and baby boy - how perfect!!

Laiker is such a big boy. He has realized that we don't just put him in his bed for fun, we actually have a purpose in mind. He has finally gotten that! PTL! We now lay him down, say our "I love yous" and he rolls over to sleep. It's absolutely perfect - doesn't matter when, nap time, bed time - glorious, I tell you!

His 2 front teeth have just popped through after a while of waiting. He also has 4 more we can feel about to poke through and 2 already on top of everything else! Steak...please! Unfortantly I'm not nursing anymore. My supply ran out over about a week's timing. What a sad time, but I certainly am greatful for the time God gave us. I still get to feed him every couple of days - and LOVE that time with him. Thankfully, there is formula out that it as close to breast milk as formula can get. Let me tell you that this doesn't smell bad, it actually looks, smells, & apparently tastes like the real stuff. What a blessing. Laiker has caught on (we've done bottles, whether it be pumped or juice since birth - occasionally, so the bottle isn't completely foreign!) very well. Although he still knows that I used to be his "bottle" so sometimes forgets what he's doing. Still 5 bottles a day, 3 baby food jars, lots of snacks and juice in between!

Our 8 month check up is this week - I cannot believe it's almost been 8 months. Where has the time gone?! We are truly blessed to have a beautiful, healthy, & happy baby! He's already into everything, can get himself where he needs to go and is hilarious. Laughs at little things, has incredible faces that he gives and you know exactly what he wants to say! What joy he's brought to our lives.

Nick and I have started attending a little church that we adore. I'm playing guitar and singing with the band on Sunday mornings and it's definitely a Christ-centered church all the way. The people are real and humbled by His presence, we are welcomed into this family of believers and are really excited to continue to be a part of the great things God has going on there!

I'm sewing away, making clothing for Laiker & myself, also for other people's children too. I focus on children's clothing & bedding but have surprised myself in the fact that I can do "adults" clothing too! This is a time I really enjoy, although with hubster on the road so much and family and friends not close, it makes it difficult to find time.

N & I are doing extremely well! Marriage is incredible and I feel that it only gets stronger every day. How blessed to be chosen by such a wonderful man. He is the love of my life and we're coming up on our second anniversary, crazy!!!

More to come soon, Love y'all!!

HH

No comments:

Post a Comment